7 Steps Learning in Servicing Disability – there are 7 steps in learning about disability. These are basics competence and service disability for social works in family development session.
SERVICE FOR HEAVY DISABILITIES
This material provides a reference to the Facilitators / Assistance regarding services for people with severe disabilities both children and adults. Services for persons with severe disabilities include: understanding of disability, rights for persons with disabilities, variety and level of disabilities, services for severe disabilities in the family and community.
BASIC COMPETENCE AND SUCCESS INDICATORS
After attending this training, TOT / education and training participants are able to understand, explain, identify and provide concrete examples of service to severe disability both within the family or community.
This training is said to be successful if TOT / education and training participants are able to convey knowledge and teach skills to the mentor regarding:
- Definition of Persons with Disabilities
- Rights of persons with disabilities.
- Variety and level of disability.
- Services for severe disabilities in the family.
- Services for severe disabilities in the community.
Opening (5 minutes)
This step contains the opening session and aims to arouse the motivation and interests of participants. In this step, a review of the 4 modules of the module discussed at the previous meeting was also carried out, especially the special children’s material that was in session 11 of the child protection module and was linked to the material to be discussed.
Definition of PwD (25 minutes)
This material provides an overview to participants about persons with disabilities that occur in daily life, especially people with severe disabilities. The learning process uses the film method so that participants get a picture of people with disabilities in the community and use games to illustrate the difficulties of people with disabilities to participate in daily life.
Rights of persons with disabilities (25 minutes)
This material discusses the rights of persons with disabilities. This learning process uses the game method.
Variety and level of disability (15 minutes)
This material discusses the various disabilities and their levels. This material was delivered using the film method and group discussion.
Services for persons with severe disabilities in the family (20 minutes)
This material discusses how to provide services to persons with severe disabilities in the family.
Services for people with severe disabilities in the community (20 minutes)
This material provides an overview to participants (as members of the community) about services to people with severe disabilities.
Step 7 (10 minutes)
This material contains the delivery of key messages, and assignments to participants associated with teaching lessons to be done at home.
What is needed in training?
Before the meeting, make sure that material to support this meeting is available:
Another Article: Soal UNBK Bahasa Inggris Report Text untuk SMK
- Disability Service Module Session 13 Services for Severe Disabilities.
- Equipment: strapping, paper, pencils, flipcharts, markers.
- Videos relating to people with disabilities.
- To Be Concerned by Training Providers
- The training room is neatly arranged according to the needs (discuss the layout of the room needed with the facilitator, including the needs of the facilitator and participants when the training takes place).
- Ensure there is a participant attendance list and attendance for timely attendance.
- Ensure that participants install their NameTag so that the facilitator can greet each participant personally according to his nickname.
Opening (5 minutes)
The opening session begins after all learning materials and equipment are available.
- The facilitator greets and introduces themselves.
- The facilitator ensures that participants already have the Session 13 teaching materials.
- The facilitator asks one of the participants to lead ice-breaking to break the ice and arouse the participants’ motivation. If no participant is willing to lead, then the game is led by the facilitator.
- The facilitator invites participants to review the previous material on child protection for children. Ask participants: “What was learned in the previous meeting?”
- If participants cannot remember the material, the facilitator who conveys and stimulates participants to be able to recall.
- The facilitator links the previous material with the service material for persons with disabilities that will be discussed.
Definition of people with disabilities (25 minutes)
- The facility began by asking about participants’ understanding of people with disabilities, “Do you know what a person with a disability is?”
- Facility facilitates reminding films about “get-a-special children”.
- After reviewing the getun film, the facilitator tells all participants that people with disabilities are the same as special children.
- The facilitator asks participants to sit in pairs
- The facilitator invites participants to play according to LK 13.1
- After playing the facilitator asks participants:
- What did participant feel 1?
- Is participant 1 difficult to convey his message?
- What did participants feel 2?
- Is participant 2 difficult to receive messages from participant 1?
- The facilitator writes the participants’ answers on a flipchart.
- The facilitator concludes the participant’s answer and conveys to the participant that a person with a disability is “anyone who experiences physical, intellectual, mental and / or sensory limitations in the long term that in interacting with the environment can experience obstacles and difficulties to participate fully and effectively with citizens others “, by showing PPT 4 about the understanding of people with disabilities
Read more article: PTS Genap 2019/2020 Bahasa Indonesia Kelas 11
At this point the facilitator emphasizes that special children, people with disabilities, and people with disabilities are the same thing.
The term used during the learning process is people with disabilities
Rights of Persons with Disabilities (25 minutes)
- The facilitator invites participants to play “Differences and Similarities” LK 13.2
- The facilitator reflects and asks participants:
- What is learned from this game?
- What things do mothers have and have in common with others?
- What things do mothers have and are different from others?
- What would happen to this world if everything were the same?
- The facilitator concludes and tells participants that “people with disabilities are a form of human diversity. Persons with disabilities also have the same rights as other citizens ”
- The facilitator reflects by asking participants “What if we return this world, we the general public are people with disabilities, will we try to have our rights fulfilled?”
- The facilitator asks participants what are the rights of persons with disabilities in everyday life?
- The facilitator invites participants to play according to LK 13.3
- The facilitator explains the rights of persons with disabilities using PPT 5-6
- The facilitator asks participants:
- Are there any disabilities around mothers?
- What are their conditions?
- What is the Family Treatment of them?
- How is the community’s treatment of them?
The facilitator concludes and conveys to the participants that “Persons with disabilities also have the same rights as other citizens, we have an obligation so that the rights of persons with disabilities are fulfilled”
Look at an article: Soal UNBK Exposition Beserta Pembahasannya
At this point the facilitator emphasizes that persons with disabilities must be treated equally, must not be discriminated against or excluded.
Variety and Levels of Disability (15 minutes)
- The facilitator asks participants about disabilities related to the participant’s community (brainstorming)
- The facilitator shows several pictures of people with disabilities by showing PPT 7-13 / and explains each of these images.
- The facilitator explains the psychological condition of people with disabilities.
- The facilitator tells participants that there are various types of persons with disabilities who cannot be rehabilitated and always need help from others in carrying out daily activities or referred to as people with severe disabilities. Show PPT 14-16
Services for persons with severe disabilities in the family (20 minutes)
- The facilitator tells the participants that if there are families among people with severe disabilities, the task of the participants is to provide services / care so that persons with severe disabilities still get their rights.
- The facilitator asks participants to watch the film “sad, a child without hands and feet that can only roll”
- The facilitator asks participants to form groups of 4 people
- The facilitator asks each group to discuss and write down what the family has to do with the case
- The facilitator concludes and conveys the things that families can do for people with severe disabilities by showing PPT17-20
Services for people with severe disabilities in the community (20 min)
- The facilitator asks participants to form groups of 4 people (still the same group)
- The facilitator plays the game “map of disability care ..” (LK 13.5)
- After finishing, the facilitator makes a reflection
- The facilitator concludes and presents PPT21-22
Closing (10 minutes)
- The facilitator motivates participants not to neglect and discriminate against people with disabilities by showing the film “Disability: Don’t Ostracize Them” UNICEF
- Facilitator Ask participants what the film understood.
- The facilitator plays the “success story disability” film
- The facilitator concludes from the results of the film screening
- Facility to deliver “Key Messages” of learning using PPT23
- The facilitator closes the meeting by saying hello and ending with prayer. Facilitator conveying thanks.
Source: Presented as module knowledge at social guidance work about disability in family development session
Also look this an article: Soal UNBK Procedure Text Beserta Pembahasannya