Condition and Problems Protection of the elderly – these are how to learn about protection the elderly. In this article the protection elderly must know the problems and conditions right now. We hope this literacy about protection of the elderly very useful to use as knowledge and implementation to this understanding it.
- Definition of the elderly
- General Conditions and Problems of the elderly
- Violence and neglect of the elderly
- Type / character of the Elderly
- The principle of elderly service
- Efforts to improve the quality of elderly services.
World Health Organization /
World Health Organization (WHO)
Limitation on elderly in 4 (four) groups, namely:
- Middle age (45-59 years.)
- Elderly (60 – 74 years)
- Elderly aged (75-90 years)
- Very elderly (over 90 years)
Also read: How to Clean and Healthy Behavior?
According to Law N0. 13 of 1998
General Provisions Article 1
Elderly is someone who has reached the age of 60 years;
Note: elderly who receive PKH assistance: age 70 years and above
Potential Seniors are elderly who are still able to do work and or activities that can produce goods and / or services;
No Potential Elderly is an elderly who is powerless to make a living so that his life depends on the help of others.
Why care about ELDERLY .. !!! (ppt 4)
- The mandate of Law 13/1998 regarding the welfare of the elderly has the same rights in the life of society, nation and state.
- The number of displaced elderly is increasing (Ministry of Social Affairs, 2015: of the 16,000,000 million elderly people, there are at least 2.8 million elderly people who are neglected and there are 4.6 million elderly people who are potentially neglected.
- Data states that the elderly experience violence and neglect.
- The elderly are parents who raise and educate with love.
- Some elderly people get less attention from their families
- Elderly is our portrait in the future.
- Elderly orphanages are limited.
CONDITIONS & PROBLEMS
PHYSICAL / BIOLOGICAL:
Changes in bodily organs that cause:
- Changes in body temperature (causes dry / wrinkled skin).
- Impaired movement (due to arthritis, brittle bones).
- Impaired senses (decreased function of vision, smell, hearing, taste)
- Urinary tract disorders (uncontrolled urination).
- Teeth begin to wobble / date (difficulty chewing affects digestion).
- Disease appears: alzaimer, senility, stroke, high blood pressure, arthritis and others.
Psychosocial (Self and relationship with others)
Changes in emotions, for example:
- Depression arises (anxiety and fear), caused by:
- Physical changes and bodily functions;
- Loneliness, friends begin to decrease, afraid of being eliminated.
- Fear of disease; fear of death, fear of lack of money.
- Aggressive (angry, attacking, kicking the door, etc.)
Changes in attitude and behavior, for example:
- Tend to be quiet at home (slow motion, hard to go far).
- Depressed, daydreaming (requires conversation partner).
- Oriented to the past.
- Relationships with neighbors are not good either
SPIRITUAL / SPIRITUAL
- Rarely worship (being impatient, lacking gratitude, negative thinking, etc.)
- Not brave in accepting the conditions of aging (because of aging, because they have to use tools)
- Not willing to share with others.
- Always show super power and consider yourself always right.
PRINCIPLE TO SERVE ELDERLY
- Do not give stigma or “stamp” on the elderly
- No exclusion
- Avoiding sensitive attitudes (eg irritability, irritability)
- Don’t exaggerate the problem
- Avoiding excessive compassion
- Independence; give an opportunity to the elderly to show their abilities
- Family as a source of problem solving.
HOW TO FACING ELDERLY “DIFFICULT” BEHAVIOR
- Continue to respect and respect the elderly as parents
- Be patient and wise towards the behavior of parents / elderly.
- Give love and be a good listener for the Elderly
- Take a personal approach (for example by asking advice from parents / elderly).
- Give opportunities for what the elderly likes, including when he wants to take a shower, what he wants to eat, what he wants to do as long as it does not endanger him
Elderly Type / Character
Rich in experience, good at adjusting, having a busy life, being friendly, humble, modest, generous, caring for others, and being a role model.
Replacing lost activities with new activities, many friends / friends wide, happy to work, always helping people, likes to travel without depending on others.
Fear of growing old, afraid of losing beauty, fear of losing the courage / power / status / friends they love, angry, impatient, easily offended, demanding, difficult to serve and critic, not satisfied with the work of others.
Accepting and waiting for good fortune, living life like running water, following worship activities properly, light legs, whatever work is done.
alone, feeling inferior, sorry, passive, indifferent, often daydreaming.
is the act of people around the elderly who leave the elderly whose rights as humans are not fulfilled.
- Let the elderly not eat.
- Leaving the elderly sick, not checked into the health center / doctor.
- Let the elderly be lonely.
- Let the elderly go alone, while the condition is senile.
- Allowing the elderly to work hard / hard.
- Drive away the elderly from home.
- Do not provide opportunities for worship
- Left alone in a certain period of time.
- Don’t care about the elderly.
- Make it easy for the Elderly to use public facilities
- Make it easy to travel so that the transportation mode puts the elderly first and prioritizes seats for the elderly,
- Provide special services for the elderly at the Puskesmas.
- Providing services (special counters) and cost relief for purchasing tickets at recreational areas, tickets for travel,
- Provide facilities and infrastructure that can be commercialized with the community (Elderly Parks / recreation areas, etc.).
Cares about the elderly … !!! The family must play a role:
- Provide healthy food, (including reminding to eat).
- Paying attention to his health (including delivering him to the puskesmas / hospital, adequate rooms).
- Remind to worship
- Provide opportunities for light exercise including walking with him early in the morning.
- Provide appropriate and clean clothing.
- Be a good listener
- Loving parents sincerely.
- Pay attention to the close relationship between the husband and wife of the Elderly.
- Give opportunities for other social activities together with neighbors /
- Provide activities that stimulate his memory / memory such as: reading, filling in crosswords, etc.
Community participation in the elderly
- Collaboration with Puskesmas to provide elderly Posyandu
- Initiating activities such as: elderly gymnastics, recreation, etc.
- Organize meetings Elderly routinely attend recitals / services, arts and culture, social gathering.
- Invite the elderly to attend the mutual cooperation activities.
- Invite the elderly to attend RT / RW events.
- Assist in strengthening families facing elderly people with problems.
- Refer to the relevant institution if the elderly find problems or get violent.
- Have a referral institution related to the needs of the elderly.
Referral Institution for the Elderly who is experiencing problems
- Health Center / Hospital
- Elderly orphanage
- Local Social Service
- Religious groups who care about the elderly
- Community institutions that care about the elderly.
- Elderly companion.
Source: Ministry of Social Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, 2017