How to Clean and Healthy Behavior? – The definition clean and healthy behavior, the benefits, indicators clean and healthy behavior, how to washing hand, and danger of cigarette. These are will explain in this explanation.
After attending this session the participants know and can explain about Clean and Healthy Behavior
- Able to explain the understanding of Clean and Healthy Behavior
- Able to explain indicators of Clean and Healthy Behavior
Clean and Healthy Behavior are all health behaviors carried out on the basis of awareness so that family members or families can help themselves in terms of health and play an active role in public health activities in their environment
Benefits of CLEAN AND HEALTHY LIFE BEHAVIOR for families include:
- every family member becomes healthy and doesn’t get sick easily,
- children grow up healthy and smart,
- household members work hard
- saving household costs more efficiently
Indicators of CLEAN AND HEALTHY LIFE BEHAVIOR
- Childbirth is assisted by health workers
- Exclusive breastfeeding for infants aged 0-6 months
- Weigh babies and toddlers
- Eradicate larvae at home
- Wash your hands with soap and clean running water
- Using clean water
- Use a healthy toilet
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day
- Doing physical activity every day
- Do not smoke inside the house
Benefits of a wiggler free house
Mosquito populations are controlled so that transmission of diseases by mosquito intermediaries can be prevented or reduced.
- The possibility of avoiding various diseases is getting bigger such as Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF), Malaria, Chikungunya, and Elephant Feet.
- The home environment is clean and healthy.
- Periodic mosquito larvae checks are carried out by means of 3 M plus: Drain, closing down, Bury, plus Avoiding mosquito bites
Hand washing is rubbing water with soap together all the skin surface of the hand firmly and concisely then rinsed under the flow of water
- To keep hands clean
- Freeing hands from germs and microorganisms
- Avoiding the entry of germs into the body
- Prevents contact transmission
Benefits of washing hands
- Killing germs on the hands.
- Prevents the transmission of diseases such as Diarrhea, Cholera Dysentery, Typhus, helminthiasis, skin diseases, Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI), bird flu or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
- Hands are clean and free of germs.
When washing hands
- before eating
- Before preparing food,
- after using the bathroom
- after coughing or sneezing or blowing your nose,
- after changing diapers or pads,
- before and after treating the wound,
- after cleaning or taking out the trash,
- after touching animals or animal droppings
- after touching a sick person
STEP WASHING HANDS
- Roll the sleeve up to the wrist, remove the ring, watch and other hand jewelry
- Wet your hands until one third of your arms are under running water
- Take the rubbing soap, spread it evenly on the hands that have been moistened
- Rub the palms and between the fingers
- Rub the back and between the fingers of the left hand with the right hand and vice versa
- The inner side fingers of both hands interlock
- Rub left thumb rotating in the grip of the right hand and do the opposite
- Rub by turning the tips of the fingers of the right hand on the left palm and do the opposite
- Rinse both hands with water
Use clean water
- Clean water requirements:
- Colorless / clear water
- Water is not turbid, free of sand, dust, mud, garbage, foam, and other impurities.
- Water is tasteless, tasteless, not acidic, not brackish, not bitter, and must be free of toxic chemicals.
- Water does not smell like a fishy, rancid, rotten, or sulfuric odor.
Benefits of Using Latrines
- Clean environment, awake environment,
- Water sources that are around are not polluted
- Does not invite the arrival of flies or insects that can transmit the disease Diarrhea, Cholera Dysentery, Thypus, helminthiasis,
The content of harmful substances in cigarettes
- Nicotine – addictive, damaging to the heart and blood flow
- Tar usakan damage to lung cancer cells
- Carbon Monoxide is a gas that can cause heart disease because this gas can bind oxygen in the body.
- Carcinogenic substances – trigger the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- Irritants (substances that can cause irritation) pollute the airways and air sacs in the lungs, causing coughing.
Dangers of smoking
- Chronic lung disease.
- Stroke and heart attack.
- Oral cancer, throat cancer & lung cancer
- Damage the teeth and cause bad breath.
- Causes infertility and impotence.
- Causes uterine cancer and miscarriage.