Kalau Tourist Bertanya Transportation, Beri Jawaban Ini – dialog bahasa inggris tentang tourist bertanya tentang transportation kepada pemandunya tentang bepergian di kota ini. Ini dialog atau ungkapan yang benar dalam memberikan jawaban kepada tourist.
- I wonder if you could tell me how I can get about in Jakarta. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: please could you tell me how to get around in Jakarta?
- How do I know how much I should pay? Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: how do I know how much to pay?
- Always have some small change. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: make sure that you have some small change.
- How do I know which bus I should take? Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: how do I know which bus to take?
- Please write down your destination. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: please jot down where you want to go.
- Be careful when going by bus. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: be on your guard while you are on the bus.
- Bus driver usually stops his bus just any place. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: a bus driver usually pulls up his bus just anywhere.
- The conductor shouts out incomprehensibly the name of places where the bus picks up and drops passengers. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: the conductor shouts out where passengers can get on and off the bus. The conductor shouts out when passengers can get on and out of the bus.
- Watch out for pickpockets, especially on over-crowded buses. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat dikatakan: be on look out for pickpockets, especially in packed buses.
Dialogue a foreign tourist has just arrived in Jakarta and is talking with his guide about travelling in the city.
T = tourist
G = guide
T = in wonder if you could tell me how I can get about in Jakarta?
G = well, there are several kinds of public transport which can take you to shopping centres and tourist spots all over Jakarta. The cheapest is, of course, to go by bus.
T = but, how do I know how much I should pay?
G = well, there are micro buses (the fare is rp.300,-) regular buses (rp. 250,-) ecpress buses or PATAS (rp. 500,-) and air-conditioned express buses or PATAS AC (rp. 1200,-). Always have some small change to pay the fare. Some of the conductors are dishonest about giving you the change.
T = how do I know which bus I should take?
G = you can see it on the front of the bus. Route boards in bus terminals and at some bus stops will tell you. To be on the safe side, however, please write down your destination and show the note to the conductor.
T = do they speak englis?
G = their English will be just enough for this and last but not least, be careful when going by bus.
T = why is that?
G = well, first of all, a bus driver usually stops his bus just any place. Then, usually the conductor shouts out incomprehensibly the name of places where the bus picks up and drops passengers. Always remember your note. Finally, watch out for pickpockets, especially on overcrowded buses.
T = how do I get to places where buses do not go?
G = you can take a bajaj, one of those three-wheel motorized vehicles. You have to bargain with the driver, though.
T = what is the proper price?
G = on the average, seventy percent of the fare asked for will do. But be careful, there is a bajaj-free zone now
T = so, what should I do?
G = take a taxi. It is more expensive but, of course more comfortable. Make sure, however, that the fare meter counter. It is on to avoid dishonest practices.
T = thanks a lot. I appreciate your help and I’ll follow your advice.
Wordlist atau kosatakata dalam dialog ini:
- Average = rata-rata
- Avoid = menghindar
- Bargain = tawar menawar
- Bus stops (shelters) = perhentian bis
- Destinations = tujuan
- Dishonest = tidak jujur
- Fare = ongkos
- Get about = bepergian
- Incomprehensibly = tidak lengkap
- Overcrowded = padat/penuh sesak
- Pickpocket = pencopet
- Regular buses = bis biasa
- Safe side = posisi/keadaan aman
- Small change = uang kecil
- Tourist spots = objek-objek wisata
- Watch out for = berhati-hatilah terhadap
Notes (catatan) yang perlu diperhatikan ialah:
- By bus. Pola: by + kinds of public transport. Perhatikan: tidak boleh ada kata lain diantara by dan kinds of public transport. Contoh: by bus (benar), by a bus (salah). By car (benar), by a car (salah). Hati-hati on foot (berjalan kaki) bukan by foot
- To go by bus. untuk maksud yang sama dapat kita katakana: to travel by bus, to take a bus.
- Will do. Pengertian idiomatic do disini adalah memadai atau sesuai dengan keperluan.
Exercise (latihan): terjemahkanlah kalimat-kalimat dibawah ini ke dalam bahasa inggris
- Bis adalah sarana angkutan kota termurah
- Saya dapat naik jika saya ingin pergi ke sarinah?
- Apakah bajaj melewati jalan sudirman?
- Sarana angkutan kota apa saja yang ada di Jakarta?
- Semua sarana angkutan umum di Jakarta bermotor.
Sumber: Conversations for everyday situations, Lie Hua, B. Satyawijaya, Kesaint Blanc. 1997