Kesesuaian Positif (And so is he/and so does he, etc.) – Affirmative agreement yakni kesamaan/kesesuaian antar dua pernyataan yang sama-sama positif disebut contoh-contoh dibawah ini merupakan pernyataannya.
- Ali is a very good Muslim, and so is she (e.g. Fatimah)
- Ali prays five times a day, and so does she (e.g. Fatimah)
- Fatimah was sick yesterday, and so was he (e.g. Ali)
- Fatimah stayed at home all day, and so did he (e.g. Ali)
Kata-kata … and so … yang berarti dan demikian pula atau begitu pula itu berlaku untuk semua tenses (past, present dan future). Verba be (seperti: is, was, dan sebagainya) dan verba do (dalam hal ini do, does, dan did) harus selalu ditempatkan setelah …and so…dan sebelum pronomina (seperti: he, she, dan seterusnya).
selanjutnya hindarilah kecenderungan penggunaan also sebagai pengganti so kendatipun arti keduanya relatif sama! selain itu, hindarilah pula penggunaan so setelah pronomina! Jadi, He is fond of studying English, and also she is dan he is fond of studying english, she is so, adalah kalimat-kalimat yang keliru.
- we are interested in arabic literature, and also they are.
- ahmad is looking forward to studying in Egypt, and so she is
- fasting in the month of ramadan is one of the islamic pillars, and praying the zakah is so.
- alwi always prays exactly on time, and so she does
- laila read the holy quran after the isha prayer last night, and he did so
- we are interested in arabic literature, and also so are they.
- ahmad is looking forward to studying in Egypt, and so is she.
- fasting in the month of ramadan is one of the islamic pillars, and so is praying the zakah.
- alwi always prays exactly on time, and so does she.
- laila read the holy quran after the isha prayer last night, and so did he.
Put the underlined words into correct forms if necessary.
- the students were surprised, and so are we
- his wife talked to me about it, and so did he
- she’s taken an english test, and so is he
- he’s giving the professor his written report, and so has she
- they’d go to school, and so had we
- Mr. Omar likes to travel, and so likes Mrs. Omar
- I worried about his health, and so was she
- Aishah wants to go home right away, and so did he.
- Fatimah always observes prayers punctually, and so was he
- sarah objects to being ignored by him, and so does zainab
Sumber: Muhibbin Syah. Cara Mudah Menerapkan English Grammar Kaidah & Latihan untuk Rujukan Belajar Sendiri. 2006. PT Raja Grafindo Persada, Jakarta