Mau Ke Salon (Hairdresser), Bisalah Kita Speak English – dialog tentang berkunjung ke salon (hairdresser) dengan speak English atau berbicara bahasa inggris.
- How can I help you? Untuk maksud yang sama dapat kita katakan: what can I do for you?, can I help you?, anything I can do for you?
- I’d like to have my hair permed. Untuk maksud yang sama dapat kita katakan: I’d like to have a body permed
Dialogue a mother, Mrs. Indira, and her daughter, Devi, who has long-hair are in a hairdresser’s
M = mother (Mrs. Indira)
N = nana (Hairdresser)
N = good afternoon Mrs. Indira. How can I help you?
M = I’d like to have my hair permed. And Devi nees a creambath and a haircut
N = okay, look, there is only one seat left vacant. So, I think you’d better take it, madam. Now, let’s wash your hair first. We will see to Devi after you.
(The daughter waits while her mother has her hair washed)
N = how would you like your hair styled, madam? Here, there are several hair style magazines for you to look at
M = well, you know me. Nana, same as usual. (she chuckles), er…., by the way, what do you think about Devi’s hair? Do you think it had better be layered so that it doesn’t look so thin?
N = I think so. When the hair is in good condition again, it can be permed a little to make it look a bit thicker. Well, I think devi can have her turn now (pointing to an empty seat)
(The daughter has her hair creambath after it is cut, while her mother is having her hair permed)
M= by the way, what treatment are the ladies over there having?
N = one is having her hair dyed and the other is having her hair straigtened. Oh, by the way, madam, when would you like to wear your hair in a bun? There’s a discount until the end of this month on that style.
M = really? I will have to come again and have it done. By the way, please don’t forget that devi’s hair is not to be steamed too long. Her hair cannot stand it.
N = yes. Of course, don’t worry, madam. I’ll tell my assistant. Excuse me, the lady over there needs me. I’ll be back soon.
Wordlist atau kosatakata dalam dialog ini:
- Creambath = creambath
- Dyed = dicat
- In a bun = disanggul
- Layered = ditrap
- Permed = dikeriting
- Stand = tahan
- Steamed = diuap
- Straightened = diluruskan
- Styled = ditata
- Treatment = perawatan
- Vacant = kosong
Notes (catatan) yang perlu diperhatikan ialah:
- Had better (I’d better) (lebih baik). Pola: had better + verb. Contoh: your hair’d better be cut down.
- Bentuk negatifnya: had better + not + verb. Contoh: you’d better not do it
Exercise (latihan): terjemahkanlah kalimat-kalimat dibawah ini ke dalam bahasa inggris
- Sekarang ini orang berambut pendek dapat disanggul
- Rambut akan menjadi rapuh kalau terlalu sering dicat
- Perlu waktu satu jam untuk mengeriting rambut anda
- Rambut harus diluruskan dahulu sebelum ditata
- Seorang piñata rambut harus mampu memilih tatanan rambut yang sesuai dengan paras para pelanggannya
Sumber: Conversations for everyday situations, Lie Hua, B. Satyawijaya, Kesaint Blanc. 1997