Preposisi dengan Pronomina Objek (For him, from her, etc.) – Preposisi for, from, dan with seperti tersebut pada contoh-contoh dibawah ini juga among, digunakan untuk merangkai sesuatu dengan sesuatu lainnya.
- I would be glad to take a message for him.
- I would be glad to receive a letter from her.
- Of those who graduated with them, Nurlaila was the best one
- Of those who graduated with us, Nurlaila was the best one
Dalam hal ini “sesuatu yang lain” tersebut adalah object pronominal pronoun (kata ganti objek), bukan subject pronoun. Oleh karenanya, penggunaan subject pronouns (kata ganti subjek) yakni, I, she, he, dan seterusnya perlu di hindari setelah penggunaan preposisi-preposisi tadi. Contoh, among them children, it was who had been able to accomplish fasting. (diantara mereka, anak-anak itu, dialah yang telah mampu menyelesaikan puasa dengan sempurna).
Selain preposisi-preposisi diatas, preposisi between, for the sake of, of, on behalf of, to, dan without juga memerlukan object pronouns. Jadi, mengungkapkan Ibu kita selalu berbuat yang terbaik demi kita misalnya, harus dengan kalimat our mater always does her best for the sake of us, bukan dengan kalimat… for the sake of we. (Baca juga: Pronomina Object (He asked her/Let’s her, etc.)
- Because stamps are important you can’t post your letters without they
- On behalf of his, I’d like to apologize for his being absent from this meeting
- He will certainly do his best for the sake of she, his ailing wife
- Of those who came to the seminar with hers, Laila was the most intelligent of them
- Among them girls, it was her who acted as their representative
- Because stamps are important you can’t post your letters without them
- On behalf of him, I’d like to apologize for his being absent from this meeting
- He will certainly do his best for the sake of her, his ailing wife
- Of those who came to the seminar with her, Laila was the most intelligent of them
- Among them girls, it was she who acted as their representative
Complete the sentences on the left-hand side by using words or phrases available on the right-hand side. Insert a, b, c, etc. Suitable to the sentences
- Did he aske for help on …?
- He didn’t do his best for….
- ….from him but the English once are from…
- Just between …., this isn’t a very good price
- Among….., it was he who acted as our leader
- Our books are given back ….
- Will you go to outback with….?
- Sur, but I won’t go to the hinterland….
- A good man doesn’t only think of…..
- Everything will certainly be back ……
- Us men
- Sarah and me
- To us last night
- To him, the one and only god
- Without her and you
- Behalf of her, his mother
- He, his father
- The Arabic book is Jane and me
- You and me
- The sake of her, his mother
Sumber: Muhibbin Syah. Cara Mudah Menerapkan English Grammar Kaidah & Latihan untuk Rujukan Belajar Sendiri. 2006. PT Raja Grafindo Persada, Jakarta