Teks Khusus Surat Lamaran Kerja terkait Jati Diri dan Latar Belakang Pendidikan/Pengalaman Kerja – Surat lamar kerja didalamnya jati diri, latar belakang Pendidikan atau pengalaman kerja seseorang untuk kesiapan berkas administrasi dalam melamar kerja di suatu perusahaan.
Task 1: Read the text carefully.
As you read, try to figure out the answers to the following questions. What is the type of the following text? Why do people write such text? Do you think that someday you will write a text like that? Do you know the names of the parts of the text marked by the numbers and the meaning of the words in italics in the text?
Lilis Handayani (1)
Jl. A. Yani 389
April 19, 2015
Mr. Frank Peterson, Personnel Manager (2)
Jeans and Co.
Jl. Raya Pandaan 186
Pandaan Pasuruan, Jawa Timur, 98502
Dear Mr. Peterson: (3)
(4) I am writing to you in response to your advertisement for a local branch manager newspaper appeared in the Jawa Pos on Sunday, June 15. As you can see from my enclosed resume, my experience and qualifications match this position’s requirements.
(5) My current position, managing the local branch of a national shoe retailer, has provided the opportunity to work under a high-pressure, team environment, where it is essential to be able to work closely with my colleagues in order to meet sales deadlines. In addition to my responsibilities as manager, I also developed time management tools for staff using Access and Excel from Microsoft’s Office Suite.
(6) Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to the opportunity to personally discuss why I am particularly suited for this position. Please call me after 4.00 p.m. to suggest a time we may meet. I can be reached via telephone number 031-858564 or by email at lilish@
Task 2: Answer the questions.
Answer the following questions based on the text.
- To whom is the letter sent?
- Who wrote the application letter?
- What is the purpose of writing the letter?
- What position is being advertised?
- How did Lilis Handayani know the vacancy?
- What is Lilis’ current position?
- What has her current position provided with?
- What other responsibilities does she have at the moment?
- Do you think that Lilis is confident about her competence? How do you know?
- Does Lilis indicate her willingness for an interview? Find the evidence from the text.
Task: Complete these sentences.
As you already know the meaning of the (new) words in vocabulary builder, now use the following words to fill in the blanks. Consider the context of the sentences in choosing the right words.
- be suited
- in order to
- attached to
- Siti still cannot hide her happiness because her investigation report about high school students’ eating habit ____________ on a regional newspaper yesterday.
- Butet frequently initiates speaking in English with her classmates because one of the ___________ appearing in job vacancy advertisements in the Internet and newspapers require English fluency.
- Students of XII E class made a class pledge stating their commitment to stop bullying ____________ create positive classroom atmosphere for every class member.
- I support Eva Tuarita to be the new head of our student association because she possesses all the __________to be a good leader for us.
- Ratu Tita has written a letter addressed to the principal of our school asking permission not to attend classes for 2 days because she and I will join an English speech competition. ___________ the letter is our completed application letter to join the event, which is also signed by our English teacher.
- As good ___________, our teachers visited our English teacher who has been sick for a week. Some of us also went there together bringing her favorite fruit.
- Maya’s calm personality is really ___________ for her role as one of the school mediators that help conflicting students to achieve conflict resolution.
- Fighting? Never. Although Bejo is a great master in martial arts, he never takes fighting into his __________in dealing with problems.
- Don’t forget to attach your …………….. in your application letter and don’t forget to include all of the certificates of trainings you have attended.
Task 1: Pay attention to the table below.
These are the structures of application letters. Find an example of an application letter and try to identify its text structure.
Parts of the Application Letter
1 Your address
2 The address of the company you are writing to. Use complete title and address; don’t abbreviate.
3 Always make an effort to write directly to the person in charge of hiring.
4 Opening paragraph – Use this paragraph to specify which job you are applying for, or, if you are writing to inquire whether a job position is open, question the availability of an opening.
5 Middle paragraph(s)/body – This section should be used to highlight your work experience which most closely matches the desired job requirements presented in the job opening advertisement. Do not simply restate what is contained in your resume, but give strong reasons why you are suited to the position.
6 Closing paragraph – Use the closing paragraph to ensure action on the part of the reader. One possibility is to ask for an interview appointment time. Make it easy for the personnel department to contact you by providing your telephone number and email address.
7 Always sign the application letter. (“enclosure” indicates that you are enclosing your resume.)
Task 1: Read the text carefully.
Here is a job vacancy appeared in a local newspaper today. Read the vacancy and consider whether you meet the qualification or not.
Apika Plaza, a reputed and well-established showroom, is seeking to fulfill job vacancy from qualified, motivated, and experienced individuals.
If you think you have the confidence and the capability in you, then you are more than welcome to apply.
Position: Sales Executive
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in both English and Indonesian
- Basic computer skills
- Charming personality and good interpersonal skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deal and negotiate with customers
- Respond to customers’ queries about various products and services
Interested candidates should send their CV and scanned photograph to: Apika Plaza Ltd., Jl. A. Yani 25, Sukamakmur 65126
(Attn. Mr. Feliks Diansyah, Manager)
Task 2: Let’s apply for a job.
Write an application letter to respond to the above job vacancy. Use these points about parts of application letters to help you.
- Write your address.
- Write the address of the company your application letter is sent to.
- Write down the name of the person in charge.
- Write down any necessary information in the opening of the letter.
- Write down specific information to indicate that your capability matches the position.
- Write down any necessary information in the closing.
- Sign your application letter.