Vocabulary Exercise, Builder and Pronunciation Practice – Contoh Soal Vocabulary exercise, kemampuan membangun kosakata Bahasa Inggris, dan berlatih pelafalan kosakata atau pronunciation yang jelas.
Complete the following sentences using the words in the box.
- The tourist had never seen such a big monkey. When he saw an orangutan swinging on trees for the first time, he shouted, “Wow, that’s __________.”
- ________________________ other types of monkeys, proboscis monkeys are unique because of their big noses.
- Bali has been the most popular tourist __________ for years, but Indonesia has many other beautiful places to offer to international visitors.
- Visitors of the jungle will not forget the ________ nights in the boats where they can enjoy the dark night sky decorated with millions of bright stars that they cannot enjoy in big cities.
- If only the national park were located in the ___________ of the city, I would be able to inhale fresh air and observe the primates’ interesting behavior every day.
- The local government needs to ____________ an information center to attract more tourists to visit Indonesia.
- Located at the ____________ of the jungle you can see a rehabilitation center for ex-captive animals. The location makes it easy to reach from all directions.
- When people hear the words Tanjung Kodok, they may associate the name with a _______________ like Tanjung Puting National Park.
- ____________________ orangutans may not be afraid of meeting with humans because they used to live with them as illegal pets.
- I always appreciate the strength ants have because although they are very small they can carry ________ load of food.
- Their unusually large _______ differentiates proboscis monkeys from other monkeys.
- We may not keep endangered animals that are protected by the law as our pet. If we have one, we should send it to _____________ site where it can live in a more natural habitat.
Rearrange the letters on the left to get the right words for the definitions on the right. Use the first letter as the clue. After you get the words, read text 2 and check whether the meaning of the words suits the context of the sentences. (Baca juga: Complete the following sentences using the word in the box. Remember to use the correct forms of verbs)
- e tipmoe : a perfect example
- m oleumaus : a special building made to hold the dead body of an important person or the dead bodies of
- a family
- i alndi : decorated with designs of wood, metal, etc.that are set into the surface (berhiaskan)
- i ctnirtae : having a lot of different parts and small details that fit together
- s rdelen : thin or narrow
- aalogtnc : having eight angles and eight sides
- be ardndeo : to make something/somebody look more attractive by decorating it or them with something
- h osue (verb) : provide space for something
- f asel : not real
- t mob : a large grave, especially one built of stone above or below the ground
- t inge : a small amount of color
- m icalastlyje : in impressive way because of size or beauty
- b tkreanhtiga: impressive
- r maesin : the body of a dead person or animal
Listen to your teacher reading aloud the following words. Repeat after him/her.
- epitome : / ɪˈpɪtəmi /
- mausoleum : / ˌmɔːsəˈliːəm/
- inlaid : / ˌɪnˈleɪd◂ /
- intricate : /ˈɪntrɪkɪt /
- slender : / ˈslendər /
- octagonal : / ɒkˈtæɡən ə l /
- be adorned : / əˈdɔːrn /)
- house (verb) : / haʊs /
- false : / fɒːls /)
- tomb : / tuːm /
- majestically : / məˈdʒestɪk kli /
- tinge : / tɪndʒ /
- breathtaking : / ˈbreθˌteɪkɪŋ /
- remains : / rɪˈmeɪnz /